What is Interface Management?
Refer to the definition of interface management, but it is about “Making sure that nothing gets lost in the middle”.
An interface exists between any two (or more)
- Companies, projects or teams;
- plants or equipment;
- or anything
where there is a connection (which may be functional, or physical, or contractual.
We need to:
- identify all the interfaces in a project;
- define how those interfaces will be managed;
- provide procedures and systems to document issues raised where the interface will be managed by the owner/operator;
- monitor/audit the procedures and systems used by contractors where they manage the interface.